Advice to Grow By
2015 Smart Gardening Conference
Saturday September 26th,
8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Key Note Speaker: Janet Sluis Horticulturalist/ Curator, Sunset Western Garden Collection
The conference will take place at the
Robert J. Cabral Agricultural Center
2101 E. Earhart Ave. Stockton, 95206
Click here for a map.
We want to make sure you are selecting the classes that will best fit your interest. Please click here before you register to read a more detailed description of the classes we are offering.
Past Smart Garden Displays and Workshops
Click here for more information on the classes that are being offered
Keynote Speaker 9-9:45
- Lose Your Lawn
- Attracting Honey and Native Bees
- Learning Landscape Walk and Talk - Docent lead tour of the demo garden.
- Master Food Preserver - Spices
- Home Orchard Basics
- Keeping Plants Alive During a Drought
- Seed Saving 101
- Master Food Preserver - Dehydrating
- Rain Water Recovery
- Lose Your Lawn (Repeat class)
- Virtual Toolbox - On-line Gardening Resources from the UC
- Master Food Preserver - Butters
Classes in this session will all include a hands-on component
- Healthy Soils
- Landscape Design Basics
- Irrigation in the Home Landscape
- Master Food Preserver - Chutneys - There will be an additional $10.00 fee collected for this class to cover material costs. Participants will make and take their own chutney.
4:00-4:15 Closing Remarks & Survey Collection