Mark your calendar...
Managing Weeds in Grasslands and Rangelands in the Context of Fire in California
The latest information on weed control and fire will be presented at the Managing Weeds in Grasslands and Rangelands in the Context of Fire in California webinar on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. The lineup of UC Cooperative Extension (UCCE) and UC Davis experts will discuss how fire interacts with plant communities in rangeland ecosystems, how grassland management influences fire severity and how management practices impact post-fire vegetation recovery.
“We realize that many communities across the state are dealing with the effects of fire this year, and we wanted to highlight the importance of weed management, particularly in grasslands and rangelands, which are heavily impacted by fire” said Whitney Brim-DeForest, County Director, UCCE Sutter-Yuba Counties, who is chairing this webinar event. “Weeds can have an impact on the spread of fire, as well as on the recovery of grassland and rangeland plant communities after a fire event.”
- Valerie Eviner, Professor and Ecologist, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis
- Tom Getts, Weed Ecology and Cropping Systems Advisor, UCCE Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, and Sierra Counties
- Chris McDonald, San Bernardino County Co-Director and Inland and Desert Natural Resources Advisor, UCCE San Bernardino, Imperial, Riverside, and San Diego Counties
- Scott Oneto, Farm Advisor, UCCE Central Sierra
- Rebecca Ozeran, Livestock and Natural Resources Advisor, UCCE Fresno and Madera Counties
- Devii Rao, San Benito County Director and Livestock and Natural Resources Advisor, UCCE San Benito, Monterey, and Santa Cruz Counties
The webinar begins at 9 AM and ends at 12 PM (PST). Continuing education credit pending approval from DPR and CCA.
The cost is $20. Registration is underway now—click HERE or visit https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=32335.
Click for AGENDA.
- Program: Whitney Brim-DeForest [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Logistics and registration: Gale Perez [email@example.com]
This webinar is sponsored by UC Cooperative Extension, UC Davis Dept. of Plant Sciences and UC Weed Research & Information Center.