Drip Irrigation for Home Landscapes - Colorado State University Extension
Operating and Maintaining a Home Drip Irrigation System - Colorado State University Extension
Installing Drip Irrigation - The Home Depot
How to Install Drip Irrigation - This Old House
Drip Irrigation for Containers - Sunset
Orbit’s Free Installation Guide
Rain Bird’s Sprinkler System Design Service
Rain Bird's Design & Technical Resources
Toro’s Water System Design Service
Toro’s Planning and Installation Guide
Toro’s Blue Stripe Irrigation System How-To Guide
Raindrip’s Anatomy of a Drip System
Raindrip’s Planning Your Drip System Guide
Video How-To Help
- NDS: Convert Sprinkler Systems to Drip Irrigation
- Rain Drip: Simple Drip 1-2-3
- Rain Bird: Converting Sprayheads to Drip Irrigation
- Toro: Drip Irrigation 1, 2,3
- Toro: Drip Irrigation for Containers
- Netafim How-To
The following are advantages to using drip in landscape applications:
- Water is confined to the targeted plant’s rootzone, so overspray onto sidewalks, buildings, cars and roadways is prevented.
- Flow rates and application rates are typically very low, so runoff from heavier soils, or steep slopes, may be avoided.
- Water is not applied into the air so wind drift or pattern distortion does not occur.
- Plants are not wetted which can result in the reduction of disease.
- Weed growth is reduced if non-targeted areas are not wetted.
- Water is applied at low pressures which may reduce pumping costs in some applications.
- Initial irrigation equipment investment costs can be reduced since flow rates are low, allowing the use of smaller and/or fewer valves and pipelines.
- Labor for installation may be reduced with the associated reduction in pipelines and surface placement of drip tubes.
Drip Irrigation in the Home Landscape $5.00 UC Publication Number: 21579
Ortho All About Sprinklers and Drip Systems
Sprinklers & Drip Systems: The Right System for Your Yard, Step-by-step Sprinkler Installation, Building Effective Drip Systems
Drip Irrigation for Every Landscape and All Climates, 2nd Edition Robert Kourik